[olpc-help] I bricked an XO

Ben Goetter goetter at mazama.net
Sat Dec 29 12:14:42 EST 2007

From: Jeffrey LePage <jeffrey_lepage at yahoo.com>

> >I managed to more-or-less completely fill up the
> >filesystem. As a result, the system no longer boots.
> >When I try to boot I get as far as the initial splash
> >(with the xo stick figure).[...]  Apparently
> >something about this process causes lots of stuff to
> >be written to the internal file system. Does the ogg
> >file get written to the internal drive?
Yes.  See ticket http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/5719 for the outstanding
bug.  The easiest fix will be to reflash your system per the directions
on http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activated_Upgrade - 653 seems to work for
me.  Or you can follow the (more involved) directions on the ticket to
recover your system without a complete reflash.