[olpc-help] Wireless Access Point - Help!

Mike Meyer mikem at salter-point.com
Thu Dec 27 23:05:25 EST 2007

I did two things in this situation (I'm not sure they are both necessary).
1. Upgraded to build 653
2. Found (on the wiki, connecting page), the Wpa.sh script, installed it and
ran.

I have my wifi router doing WAP encryption.  The Wpa.sh shell script needed
my router name, and the password (not the hex string) I used on the router.

At least it worked for me.  --Mike

On 12/27/07, bluerover94-olpc at yahoo.com <bluerover94-olpc at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ok - I'm at my wits end.
>
> I have gone through every possible setting on my home
> wireless access point and the two G1G1 XO's we got the
> kids for Christmas.
>
> The only way I can connect the XO's to the internet is
> if I completely disable encryption on the access point
> [not so good for the XP laptop and Macbook in the
> house].
>
> Here's what I know:
>
> XO build 650
> Tried WEP open & WEP shared [password, hex, and ascii]
> ISP is ATT Uverse
> WAP is a 2Wire 3800HGV-B Gateway Software:
> 5.29.105.76
>
> As I said I disabled everything, exposed the SSID, and
> I can connect with the XO and surf the web.
>
> Afterward built security back up. MAC address
> filtering with no encryption is OK, but as soon as I
> turn encryption on the XO will not work on the WAP.
>
> I have tried every possible drop down [adjusting the
> WAP to match e.g. Hex on the WAP/ Hex on the XO; ASCII
> on the WAP/ASCII on the XO] combo I could. I have
> added the "s:", "$:", and even "0x" prefixes. No luck.
>
> Any advice is appreciated.
>
> Dennis

Mike Meyer, Seattle WA