[olpc-help] Wireless Access Point - Help!

bluerover94-olpc at yahoo.com bluerover94-olpc at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 27 22:36:02 EST 2007

Ok - I'm at my wits end.

I have gone through every possible setting on my home
wireless access point and the two G1G1 XO's we got the
kids for Christmas.

The only way I can connect the XO's to the internet is
if I completely disable encryption on the access point
[not so good for the XP laptop and Macbook in the
house].

Here's what I know:

XO build 650
Tried WEP open & WEP shared [password, hex, and ascii]
ISP is ATT Uverse
WAP is a 2Wire 3800HGV-B Gateway Software:
5.29.105.76

As I said I disabled everything, exposed the SSID, and
I can connect with the XO and surf the web.

Afterward built security back up. MAC address
filtering with no encryption is OK, but as soon as I
turn encryption on the XO will not work on the WAP.

I have tried every possible drop down [adjusting the
WAP to match e.g. Hex on the WAP/ Hex on the XO; ASCII
on the WAP/ASCII on the XO] combo I could. I have
added the "s:", "$:", and even "0x" prefixes. No luck.

Any advice is appreciated.

Dennis