[olpc-community-support] Jumpy mouse problem

phigan phigolpc at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 23:22:06 EST 2007

soffen wrote:
> After that the mouse behaved normally for a while, but then started jumping around again without my touching the trackpad.  Does anyone else have this problem?  Any suggestions about how to solve it?

I had this problem myself with the first build that I originally had on my XO. Have you tried updating to build 653? In terminal cat /boot/olpc_build. If it says 650, do this as root (to be root, type 'su -' without the quotes): olpc-update -r -f ship.2-653

If the update is successful, it should reboot the laptop on its own. If not, it'll try again.

Thanks,
- Joe