[olpc-community-support] XO will no longer boot

Anonymous community-support at lists.laptop.org
Thu Dec 20 21:04:47 EST 2007

My XO recently froze while I was doing a YUM install. I had to turn it off by holding down the power button for a few seconds. Now, it won't boot up at all. If I press X when it's starting up (to see the boot process) it stops right after it gets to "Starting ul-warning". If I let it sit there for a while, it eventually gives me a few messages like the following:
[  113.000901] JFFS2 notice: (642) check_node_data: wrong data CRC in data node at 0x348a0dbB: read 0x70aaZe64, calculated 0x6cb52f34

I had this same problem before and fixed it by reinstalling the image (using a USB drive). Is there some way I can fix it without losing all my data?