[olpc-community-support] XO will no longer boot

phigan phigolpc at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 23:28:31 EST 2007

Garold wrote:
> I had this same problem before and fixed it by reinstalling the image (using a USB drive). Is there some way I can fix it without losing all my data?

My guess is that your only hope is that your /home/olpc directory wasn't part of the corrupted data, which is probable. When you use a large enough USB stick to flash the laptop, it will attempt to make a backup of your /security and /home/olpc directories to the USB stick.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
- Joe