[olpc-community-support] OLPC technical question

Michael Burns maburns at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 18:44:48 EST 2007

Hi Leslie. I'm forwarding this email to the Community Support mailing list.

On Dec 18, 2007 3:36 PM, LESLIE BROWN <blsbrown at verizon.net> wrote:

>  Hey, your name and e-mail address came up on the various websites, etc.
> and we cannot get our laptop to work at all.
>
> My husband got it going the first night. He tried to move the journal off
> of the circle on the main screen to make room for something else.
> Apparently, he deleted it completely. We cannot find it anywhere. And now
> nothing works. It won't let any function come up.
>

> I've tried calling and, of course, cannot get through.

The 800 number is really just for replacing dead laptops. From that sounds
of it, we can fix your laptop without replacing the whole thing.

You are welcome to try the chat room ( http://olpc.osuosl.org/chat ) to get
live help. Report back if the page doesn't work for you. We're still moving
things around on the website*.

> I was looking through the technical info and it said to try pushing the
> game buttons as it reboots. But that didn't work either. Another said to
> download some files, but that won't work if we cannot even connect or do
> anything.
>
> I want to keep the laptop and make it work. Any suggestions?

Let me (and the others on this list) look into it and get back to you. Stay
tuned.

* http://olpc.osuosl.org/
--
Michael Burns * Student