[Argentina] [IAEP] Teaching with computers / Enseniando con Computadoras

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Sun Nov 20 01:08:05 EST 2011

The pesto analogy is good, but Alan have a point too.
I think Sugar is a project _and_ a product.
And everybody who has worked in the software industry know
how different is the work needed to have a prototype,
a almost working product, and the rule of 80/20 is a popular reference.
To most of ours users, Sugar is a product, and we need give them
the best product we can.
Also, I agree with the 'window of opportunity' reference. I am sure,
is a question of time, until one or two big monsters in the industry
will see education and kids like a lucrative market, and will create
a Sugar like product. If we want be relevant, we need do our best effort,
now.

Gonzalo