[Wikireader] english wikireaders and 0.7

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Sun Sep 7 02:37:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

   > Chris will soon send out a link to the new activity for people to
   > download onto their XO.

Here it is; it'll appear once it's finished uploading (should be 98MB):

   http://dev.laptop.org/~cjb/enwiki/WikipediaEN-1.xo

SJ, there's no blacklist being applied at all -- since we're down to
8000 articles, perhaps it's plausible to look through each article name
and pick out the obviously inappropriate ones?  Here's the article
list:

   http://dev.laptop.org/~cjb/enwiki/en-g1g1-8k.txt

The "About Wikipedia" page linked from the portal page needs to be
replaced with an English version, I'm not sure where to get the same
kind of text in English from.

We decided to skip a local image cache because of the meagre article
count, because it takes a while to prepare and review, and because a
net connection will often be available to our users this time around.

Thanks all,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>