[Wikireader] english wikireaders and 0.7

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Wed Aug 27 17:32:03 EDT 2008

@martin -- How about having a Friday afternoon wikireader meeting?
For this week, whether or not we meet, a pressing question is : Generating
the main page.  For the spanish WP, Madeleine did most of the main page by
hand with a bit of help.  We may have to do the same here until better
scripts are set up.

A couple people built the main page for our spanish-language bundle more or
less by hand from a portal template.

Metadata :

1. metadata that is currently particularly useful for us is:
 - a blacklist of article titles, and a blacklist of images, for the very
few that we explicitly leave out despite other metadata
 - a whitelist of both, again to ensure inclusion.

2. In a general system, I'd like to see this tagged with the name of the
group associated; say olpc-peru-blacklist and olpc-peru-whitelist.

@cfabian -- testing this on bee units sounds like a fun test of the metadata
slimming!

SJ

ps - any news from the offline spanish wp project that got started a while
back?