[Toronto-dev] [Server-devel] Post XS-0.7 plans (Holt)

Tim Moody timmoody at sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 16 10:26:39 EST 2012

13. "INSERT DONGLE NOW" warning will appear. While optional, this
configuration step is critical for those using an USB Ethernet dongle to
connect to their LAN/Intranet. Type "Y" to continue

How do you envision the architecture?  It sounds like wifi is for WAN and
USB/Ethernet is for LAN and the XO/server gets an address via dhcp over wifi
and provides addresses over Ethernet.  What would prevent the other XOs from
simply acquiring an ip over the same wifi as the XO/server and bypassing it
for routing/gateway services?  Are you thinking there will be two wifi hubs
and the WAN one will be password protected so that the other XOs can not
connect?

Can you recommend a compatible USB Ethernet device?  (I know there is a page
on laptop.org, but it is a little dated.)