No subject

Wed May 4 06:52:26 EDT 2011

ld be willing to run a similar program. This could be within our school=2C =
city=2C province=2C or globally.
=20
In all honesty=2C I would like to see our program develop into one that has=
 a link to a First Nation reserve in Canada. Regardless=2C any movement tow=
ard creating a project at the most basic=2C fundamental level of developmen=
t would be more than gratifying and considered a success.=20
=20
I am willing to work at the most basic level of implementation. I think if =
even one of my students has the opportunity to work with these computers an=
d your program=2C any effort and sacrifice would be worthwhile.
=20
I will send a C.V./Resume as soon as possible. I do have  some fluency in F=
rench=2C and have worked in a Francophone College in Sudbury=2C Ontario fro=
m 1995 to 2000. This school was fully equipped with internet access school=
=2C where I worked solely with laptops=2C as did all students. I was also r=
esponsible for teleconferencing classes in very distant locations simultane=
ously.
=20
If this is not the proper forum to request these laptops and any other info=
rmation=2C please could you direct me to the proper links?
=20
Thank you for your time. It is truly appreciated by myself and my students.
=20
Sincerely=2C
=20
Franklin Harris
 		 	   		  =

--_04b24ebf-9eaa-4f92-9de9-ccf86176e2b0_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style>
</head>
Hello=2C<BR>&nbsp=3B<BR>Thank you again for all the advice and generous sup=
port you have offered me. The OLPC community has been overwhelming in terms=
 of the positive response I have received. <BR>I have spoken with Mark Batt=
ley of Upper Canada College=2C and he has given me excellent advice regardi=
ng the make up of OLPC=2C how to begin a program=2C and has offered to spon=
sor me in creating a project using XO computers. <BR>&nbsp=3B<BR>He told me=
 of a link I could use as an application form to request some computers. I =
have had difficulty finding the link=2C so I am writing to you. I hope this=
 is not a burden. <BR>Mark also advised me to contact you to give you the s=
pecifics of what kind of program I would like to start and how many compute=
rs I would like to access. <BR>&nbsp=3B<BR>Primarily=2C I would like to equ=
ip my class of 27 students with laptops. We could keep it within the confin=
es of our classroom. <BR>From there=2C we would extend our program to any o=
utside community that would be willing to run a similar program. This could=
 be within our school=2C city=2C province=2C or globally.<BR>&nbsp=3B<BR>In=
 all honesty=2C I would like to see our program develop into one that has a=
 link to a First Nation reserve in Canada. Regardless=2C any movement towar=
d creating a project at the most basic=2C fundamental level of development =
would be more than gratifying and considered a success. <BR>&nbsp=3B<BR>I a=
m willing to work at the most basic level of implementation. I think if eve=
n one of my students has the opportunity to work with these computers and y=
our program=2C any effort and sacrifice would be worthwhile.<BR>&nbsp=3B<BR=
>I will send a C.V./Resume as soon as possible. I do have&nbsp=3B some flue=
ncy in French=2C and have worked in a Francophone College in Sudbury=2C Ont=
ario from 1995 to 2000. This school was&nbsp=3Bfully equipped with internet=
 access school=2C where I worked solely with laptops=2C as did all students=
. I was also responsible for teleconferencing classes in very distant locat=
ions simultaneously.<BR>&nbsp=3B<BR>If this is not the proper forum to requ=
est these laptops and any other information=2C please could you direct me t=
o the proper links?<BR>&nbsp=3B<BR>Thank you for your time. It is truly app=
reciated by myself and my students.<BR>&nbsp=3B<BR>Sincerely=2C<BR>&nbsp=3B=
<BR>Franklin Harris<BR> 		 	   		  </body>

--_04b24ebf-9eaa-4f92-9de9-ccf86176e2b0_--