[Toronto-dev] Anyone interested in a Game Jam?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Tue Oct 16 23:59:43 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

It's been very quiet on the list (mostly my fault).  Let's kick-start
some discussion with a straw-man proposal...

I'd love to have a Game Jam some weekend, come together Friday night,
Saturday and Sunday to produce a working game for the laptop.  We can
likely find sponsors willing to provide us with work-space, maybe even
some food here and there.  We'd try to make the code usable as sample
code, so using e.g. Telepathy for networking, PyGame for graphics and
the like, but the focus would be on making a game that children will
actually enjoy playing and which might teach something of value.

I'm thinking mid-November, maybe the weekend of the 16th, though that's
just a date pulled out of the air.

Anyway, consider the straw man open for kicking,
Mike