[Toronto-dev] Game Jam Logistics

Seneca Cunningham tentra at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 12:48:11 EST 2007

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 12:28:32PM -0500, Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
> Network:
>
>     Those of you renting laptops from Dave will be using thin-client
>     machines with direct network connections.  They are not AFAIK on the
>     same network as the wifi system.  As such, no network testing other
>     than with each other.  The machines in the regular wifi network
>     should all be able to see each other for testing.

The wifi networks can see the wired systems, but not vice versa.  The
cafe was recently given a laptop suitable for standalone work (Ubuntu,
2.4GHz P4, 1.25GB RAM, working 3D acceleration, Ubuntu) and I can see
about getting it a wireless card.

> Dev Environment:
>
>     I'll go into Linux Caffe early tomorrow and see if I can get
>     sugar-jhbuild to complete on the thin-client machines.

I'll see about starting that process on the thin-client server and new
laptop.

--
Seneca (Linuxcaffe's sysadmin)
tentra at gmail.com