[Toronto-dev] culture sharing initiative - workshop in toronto, June 17

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Tue Jun 12 12:54:57 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 01:35 -0400, Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
> Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > On Sat, 2007-06-09 at 21:11 -0400, KARA SPRINGER wrote:
> >
> >> The 'VO - voices' culture sharing project will be
> >> having the first in a series of youth workshops in
> >> toronto next week Sunday the 17th.  Anyone interested
> >> in more info, please contact me, or
> >> voicesworkshops at gmail.com.  Please forward this call
> >> out to any youth or artists, or others who might be
> >> interested in the project who are in the Toronto area.
> >>
> >> thanks,
> >>
> >> Kara.
> >>

> > What were you thinking spamming this innocent list that probably doesn't
> > have more than a dozen subscribes?  I mean, seriously, there are
> > thousands of other Toronto related forums, lists, and forums, with
> > thousands of subscribers each, and you have to push the signal-to-noise
> > ratio of an otherwise-silent list down to drain...  sheesh.
> >

> Behdad, although it wasn't obvious from Kara's post, her "culture
> sharing project" is an OLPC-related project to set up a culture sharing
> connection between children, youth and artists in various countries
> (South Africa, Nigeria and Canada at the moment if I recall correctly)
> using the OLPC as a channel for communication (and documentation) of
> (potentially at-risk) cultures, particularly their traditional artistic
> forms.  Think "part of Social Studies class", i.e. a content initiative
> with a bit of tech involved.

Oops.  I'm extremely sorry, and embarrassed.  Guess that's what I get by
skipping meetings..

On my defense, the only reason I replied is that I cared, and read it,
looking for something interesting, but all I found was: no URLs, some
event, email me.  That triggered the spam filter immediately...

Again, I apologize to Kara and other list members.  Will try to act
maturely next time.

behdad
who really wanted to attend the last meeting but couldn't

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759