[Testing] 13.2.0 development build 2 released

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu Mar 28 05:23:48 EDT 2013

On 03/27/2013 12:11 PM, Simon Schampijer wrote:
> On 03/26/2013 05:04 PM, Daniel Drake wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> http://build.laptop.org/13.2.0/os2
>>
>> Sugar updated to 0.98.6. Welcome screen is back (#12628) and now
>> unlocks the screen at the correct moment (#11995).
>
> Yes, the welcome screen is back.
>
>> Paint updated to v57.
>>
>> The Journal Share activity was added. This is a prototype/experiment.
>> We want to provide a non-intrusive initial solution to the problem
>> where teachers handing out work in a classroom (and collecting
>> assignments) is not currently easily done in Sugar.
>>
>> The Music Keyboard activity was also added. This is like a Piano that
>> you can play with the keyboard or the touchscreen.
>
> I gave some feedback here to Gonzalo [1]. For the lower level people
> working on XO-4, the sound is still noisy and crispy.
>
>> The touchscreen was quite unusable in build 1, it should now be
>> working again (#12630).
>
> I am sorry to say: it is not fixed, yet. I see the same symptoms as we
> have seen in 13.1.0 development. I freshly installed build 2 and used
> touch and keyboard navigation, then I want to go to the control panel
> and reveal the Palette with hovering over the XO icon when trying to
> move the mouse over the menu item the Palette disappears then.
>
> I had as well the symptom where a click/touch stayed active. I played
> with the musical activity and then at one point when moving the mouse
> without clicking I heard sound and keys were pressed. This reminded me
> of [2] but that recipe for reproduction did not work.
>
> [1] http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2013-March/042166.html
> [2] http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/12081#comment:8

Ok, I have 100% steps reproducible steps to show the issue now:

- boot XO-4

- use the mouse to open Paint

- do some drawing with the mouse/trackpad (move finger over trackpad
while holding the left button down), do some drawings with touch, do
some drawings with the mouse/trackpad again

---> everything works as expected

- now use touch to reveal a sub-toolbar (e.g. the Edit sub-toolbar)

- move the pointer with the trackpad now over the canvas

---> you get some drawing even without holding the left button down

- do one touch on the canvas

- move the finger over the trackpad again

--> there is no drawing occurring, the behavior is as expected again

- close the sub-toolbar with a touch

- move the finger over the trackpad again

---> you get some drawing even without holding the left button down

I made sure our gtk3 package that we did update in os2 is not causing
this. After a downgrade (sudo yum downgrade gtk3) I could reproduce the
above as well with 3.6.2-1.olpc2.

Regards,
    Simon