[Testing] 13.2.0 development build 2 released

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Mar 27 07:11:45 EDT 2013

On 03/26/2013 05:04 PM, Daniel Drake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://build.laptop.org/13.2.0/os2
>
> Sugar updated to 0.98.6. Welcome screen is back (#12628) and now
> unlocks the screen at the correct moment (#11995).

Yes, the welcome screen is back.

> Paint updated to v57.
>
> The Journal Share activity was added. This is a prototype/experiment.
> We want to provide a non-intrusive initial solution to the problem
> where teachers handing out work in a classroom (and collecting
> assignments) is not currently easily done in Sugar.
>
> The Music Keyboard activity was also added. This is like a Piano that
> you can play with the keyboard or the touchscreen.

I gave some feedback here to Gonzalo [1]. For the lower level people
working on XO-4, the sound is still noisy and crispy.

> The touchscreen was quite unusable in build 1, it should now be
> working again (#12630).

I am sorry to say: it is not fixed, yet. I see the same symptoms as we
have seen in 13.1.0 development. I freshly installed build 2 and used
touch and keyboard navigation, then I want to go to the control panel
and reveal the Palette with hovering over the XO icon when trying to
move the mouse over the menu item the Palette disappears then.

I had as well the symptom where a click/touch stayed active. I played
with the musical activity and then at one point when moving the mouse
without clicking I heard sound and keys were pressed. This reminded me
of [2] but that recipe for reproduction did not work.

> First boot is no longer slow.

Was in the range of 45 seconds after the firmware flashing. Looks good
to me.

> XO-4 8787 wireless scans faster than before.

After Sugar was started I went to connect o my AP and it was there, and
I could connect.

> Latest packages including a NetworkManager update.
>
> Latest firmware releases on all platforms.
>

> Thanks for testing!
> Daniel

I want to add the list of Sugar changes that are in this release since
13.1.0, if you see any of those still happening, please report back.

===Sugar===
* Journal sorting button: hide/show on click or touch (Simon Schampijer)

* AboutComputer: adjust copyright text to reflect the year 2013 (Simon
Schampijer)

* RingLayout: recalculate the position of the icons for an alert, SL
#3925 (Manuel Kaufmann)

* Fix the activities list palette, SL #4284 (Daniel Narvaez)

* Remove resize grip from ViewSource and ObjectChooser - SL #4397 #4413
(Manuel Quiñones)

* Journal SortingButton: port palette to custom palette implementation -
SL #4303 (Manuel Quiñones)

* Filetransfer: fix the incoming/outgoing transfer Palettes #4315 (Simon
Schampijer)

* Hide the Remove button if there is only one language - SL #4352
(Manuel Quiñones)

* Frame, Wireless Device icon: make sure the Ssid is displayed in the
connected state, SL #4430 (Simon Schampijer)

* Frame, Wireless Device icon: use the same status code as the
newtworkview has, call update_color - SL #4188 (Simon Schampijer)

* Session: Properly check for logind (Martin Pitt)

* documents dir: handle cases where get_documents_path returns None, SL
#4380 (Simon Schampijer)

* TransitionBox: replace the CanvasIcon with an Icon, part of SL #4221
(Simon Schampijer)

===Sugar-toolkit-gtk3===
* palettemenuwidget: Ensure the widget is realized before popping it up,
SL #4388 (Carlos Garnacho)

* Adapt to icon changes - SL #3569 (Manuel Quiñones)

* Add testcase for CellRendererProgress - SL #1395 (Manuel Quiñones)

* Truncate labels on Palettes SL #4164 (Manuel Kaufmann)

* ToggleToolbutton: do hide the tooltip when clicked or touched (Simon
Schampijer)

* Fix subtoolbars height - SL #4019 (Manuel Quiñones)

===Sugar-artwork===
* Add icon entry-cancel for usage inside entries - SL #3569 (Manuel
Quiñones)

* ComboBox: add scroll indicators - 3942 (Manuel Quiñones)

* Make notebook arrows white - SL #4185 (Manuel Quiñones)

* Notebook: make scroll arrows 2.5 times bigger for touch interaction -
SL #4185 (Manuel Quiñones)

Regards,
    Simon

[1] http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2013-March/042166.html