[Testing] 11.3.1 release candidate 1 (build 884) released

Martin Langhoff martin at laptop.org
Fri Mar 23 16:41:11 EDT 2012

We're pleased to announce our first release candidate of our
11.3.1 software release.

This first RC only supports XO-1.75 -- next RC will also support XO-1
and XO-1.5. We apologize for the inconvenience, which will be cured
shortly.

Information and installation instructions can be found here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/11.3.1

Quick links for those who know which files need to be grabbed and save
to USB disks:

http://download.laptop.org/xo-1.75/os/candidate/884/

This is a signed release candidate that can be installed on all XOs,
even those with security enabled.

We're looking for testing and feedback on all aspects of the system.
Thanks for any help you can offer, and for all the feedback that was
received throughout development.

Please review the "Known problems" section of the release notes. Some
documented issues are carried over from previous releases, but others
are new.

This build is based on the development build OS31, and has no changes since.

regards,

 - ask interesting questions