[Testing] [IAEP] Thanks for the Media links... new request

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jan 11 15:54:07 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Folks!
> >
> > Thanks so much for all the great media links so many of you sent. I am
> now
> > compiling them into a short slideshow for SCalE 10X which I will happily
> > share when finished.  I will simply put a title on each slide identifying
> > where the deployment shown is located. Thus, sound will not be needed in
> the
> > big expo hall.  I will probably include some nice open source music for
> > playing it in small places where background music would be nice.
> >
> > Now, I have another media request.  If I have time, I would like to make
> > another, similar, slide show about volunteering with OLPC and Sugar Labs.
> >  If you have a photo of yourself or other volunteers that you would be
> > willing to share I will try to include it.  All kinds of volunteering
> would
> > be appropriate... CP projects, helping with deployments everywhere,
> testing,
> > hacking, translating, etc., etc., etc.  Preferably showing everyone
> having a
> > fun time (or an interesting time if that is more appropriate).
> >
> > Thanks again... I look forward to seeing and sharing your adventures!
> >
> > Caryl

> You can grab volunteer pictures from the summit photos. These are not
> in the field, but its surely a whole bunch of volunteers.
>
> 2010
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/curiouslee/sets/72157625235030544/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/curiouslee/sets/72157625361491634/
> http://codewiz.org/wiki/pictures/conf/olpc-sf-summit-2010
> http://flickr.com/photos/55110273@N07/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/wtstelzer/sets/72157625292239134/
>
> 2011
> http://olpcsf.org/CommunitySummit2011/media

Bernie Innocenti also has a whole bunch of photos from other community
gathering and conferences up on his Web site (
http://codewiz.org/wiki/pictures/conf):

http://codewiz.org/wiki/pictures/conf/Sugar_Camp_Paris_2009
http://codewiz.org/wiki/pictures/conf/olpc-sf-summit-2010
http://codewiz.org/wiki/pictures/conf/EduJAM-2011
http://codewiz.org/wiki/pictures/conf/Sugar_Camp_Lima_2011

>From a community perspective I also really like some of Chris Ball's photos
from eduJAM:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/madprime/sets/72157626659244610/

Beth Santos also had some great photos from Sao Tome but they don't seem to
be online anymore (at least the ones she had posted on
http://saotomeblog.com/2010/02/03/sao-tome-olpc-project/).

Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer