[Testing] Testing Summary: 7 January 2012 - Auckland, New Zealand

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sat Jan 7 03:14:30 EST 2012

On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 08:01:40PM +1300, Tabitha Roder wrote:
> It's not clear what has changed between os21 and os23.

Almost nothing as far as Sugar and activities are concerned.  The only
changes were to kernel and manufacturing tests.

http://dev.laptop.org/~quozl/os21-os23.diff.html

> os23 on XO-1.75 C1 (Kid with grid keyboard and sentelic touchpad)
>
> Power saving seems to be turned off by default but seems to work if
> you turn it on.

That's good.  Have you seen any hangs?  We see them in extreme testing
of suspend and resume, but not in normal usage.  The type of hang is as
follows: the mouse pointer won't move, the display won't update, and the
keyboard is unresponsive.  Power button responds only with a power
indicator blink.

> yum works, but interacts badly with two of the resume bugs -- it takes
> a long time to process the index and decide what to do before the user
> is asked for confirmation, while the laptop is processing, the user's
> attention wanders and the laptop finishes and goes to sleep unnoticed.
> [...]

You might try "yum install -y" in the meanwhile, as this avoids the
question.

Thanks for testing, I trust others will respond to what you found.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/