[Testing] Testing Summary: 7 January 2012 - Auckland, New Zealand

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Sat Jan 7 02:01:40 EST 2012

Testing Summary: 7 January 2012 - Auckland, New Zealand

We tested os23 on XO-1.75 and os3 on XO-1. We also captured the power logs,
see attached, the last log for each XO is today's testing, the previous
logs are from over christmas on os21.

It's not clear what has changed between os21 and os23.

os23 on XO-1.75 C1 (Kid with grid keyboard and sentelic touchpad)

Power saving seems to be turned off by default but seems to work if you
turn it on. There still seem to be 3 issues: the previously reported QR
code mouse pointer, the loss of the first keypress (if that press causes
the resume) (we haven't got round to modding our C1 hardware) and wifi is
down for a short time after the resume.

yum works, but interacts badly with two of the resume bugs -- it takes a
long time to process the index and decide what to do before the user is
asked for confirmation, while the laptop is processing, the user's
attention wanders and the laptop finishes and goes to sleep unnoticed.
Pressing "y" and "enter" causes the process to be cancelled because the "y"
was lost (really need to make the hardware mod!). Re-doing it leads to the
same unnoticed sleep but now we're smarter and ensure the "y" has been
received before pressing "enter", however it is possible to do this quickly
enough that the wifi is still down and then the install fails saying there
are no mirrors.

Browse crashes if you navigate to a large enough image,
http://wiki.laptop.org/images/5/5c/XO1.75_B1_mobo_top.jpg kills it every
time. Sometimes browse renders some of the image before crashing, sometimes
it doesn't. Raised https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/11569 After browse
crashed, observed that browse was still present in the middle of the ring
as the "current" activity, but was not present in the frame and alt-tab did
nothing (it would normally switch to the journal) -- things returned to
normal after starting another activity.

The "Loud?" sensor in Scratch does not work. The microphone light does not
come on. The following error is recorded in the log:

sound_StartRecording: snd_pcm_hw_params: Argumento inválido

os23 Sugar 0.94.1 Q4C08 on XO-1.75 - "Clyde" B1 prototype
Successfully changed timezone to Auckland
Abacus - works
Clock - works
Finance - works
Fototoon - works
Help - works
Implode - works
Labyrinth - works
Maze - works
Measure - works, yippee
Memorize - works
Moon - works
Pippy - works
Portfolio - works
Record - works, can create picture, video and audio, can name them, but on
play back there is no sound. High quality video is jerky.
Ruler - works
Speak - works but the robot doesn't know much
Stopwatch - works
Tamtam Mini - works
Typing turtle - works
Wikipedia EN - works
Write - works
Switch to Gnome and switch to Sugar work

os23 Sugar 0.94.1 Q4C08 on XO-1.75 - "Sundance" C1 prototype
Implode - works
Paint - works
Physics - works
Record - works but no sound on playback, we didn't check if this was a
record or playback issue. High quality video recording starts off normally
but after 3 or 4 seconds the frame rate is obviously reduced, after few
more seconds it stops completely. The recorded video file shows the same
reducing frame rate as the preview.
Tamtam mini - works
Turtleart - works

os3 on XO-1
Browse does start, but isn't very useable. On Twilight it wouldn't load any
page from the network on the first start and failed to start thereafter. On
Anna, it started loading the google search for the word "monkey" before
crashing. After starting browse again, it would not load pages from the
network.

The power button does not do anything

Shutdown from the home view leads to the laptop hanging on a text console
without shutting down.

Thanks
Tabitha