[Testing] [Sugar-devel] Fedora Sugar Test Day - Test case content, location

Kalpa Welivitigoda callkalpa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 04:27:56 EST 2012

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 4:28 AM, Samuel Greenfeld <greenfeld at laptop.org> wrote:
> There are a few things I think need to be clarified:
>
> What are we looking as a community to get out of this Fedora Test Day event?
> What is the purpose of a "test case" and/or "test plan"?  How detailed
> should they be?  Presuming we want them, how should they be stored in
> general, and for this particular scenario?
>

> For #1, I disagree that having users start out for this occasion by learning
> how to use Sugar on their own is appropriate for a few reasons:
>
> The amount of time that any given tester will be available to help us out
> likely is limited.   Time spent doing discovery will not be spent on other
> tasks.
> Not everyone will start at the same time.  Perhaps calling this a "Test Day"
> is a misnomer because there is no guarantee that testers will be in the time
> zone or country.
> Sugar is a relatively stable platform with a few known recurring UI
> disputes.  It is not Nell, the Helicopter experiment, or another one where
> the user interface could potentially require major changes.
>
> With this test day, my personal view is that we need to get feedback
> verifying basic Sugar and activity functionality in Fedora.  When Peter
> Robinson, Kalpa Welivitigoda, or someone else updates a Sugar software
> package in Fedora, these packages often go through the verification process
> without a single person commenting on if the proposed update worked or not.

It's true most of the time. Actually for all the activities I have
packaged for fedora only one got a comment in it's reviewing phase.
It's the same with the update phase. At the same time, I didn't get
any feedback from any of the users either.

Best Regards,

Kalpa Pathum Welivitigoda
http://about.me/callkalpa