[Testing] Fedora Sugar Test Day - Test case content, location

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Thu Feb 16 15:07:34 EST 2012

The issue of using a dedicated software product to track test cases &
results has come up from time to time.

The situation as I understand it is that OLPC in general prefers to use the
resources of other {often upstream} partners whenever possible.  It is felt
by some people that we would spend more time maintaining our own system in
this case than we would save by having it.

So I am waiting for Fedora to implement Nitrate & hopefully support us as a
product-of-sorts, presuming that does eventually happen.  I'm also
half-waiting to see what they come up with for automated testing so that
Sugar UI work goes a similar route, even though implementing something now
could potentially save me hours of testing time.

There also is a desire with both OLPC and Fedora to support anonymous users
with their testing systems, and not all test case management software out
there supports that.