[Testing] Testing Summary: 29 October 2011 - Auckland, New Zealand

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Sat Oct 29 17:03:46 EDT 2011

> Textdungeon - seems there is only two spaces you can stand in as every way
> is blocked. Can pick up a key, sword, lamp and princess. Tried using them
> all, killed a dragon, but that is it. Stuck. Seems you can't progress
> further than that. Not sure how to edit the game as it suggests in Write.

Tabitha

Thank you for testing. If you picked up the 4 items you solved the 4 room sample dungeon.

To create your own dungeon, go to the Journal and open the Textdungeon Journal entry with Write, ie chose resume with Write from the hover menu.

The dungeon file should be self explanatory

eg
(i, key, sword, lamp, princess) is your backpack at exit of the game, you can edit this text and it sets your backpack on resume.

If the on screen help needs changing to make this more intuitive please let me know, also if you ran into a software bug.

The educational idea is that kids develop literacy and numeracy skills by reading and editing the dungeon file with Write

Thanks
Tony