[Testing] [OLPC New Zealand] Auckland Testing Summary 18 June 2011

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Jun 20 10:34:49 EDT 2011

On 06/20/2011 04:01 PM, Daniel Drake wrote:
> On 19 June 2011 11:37, Tom Parker<tom at carrott.org>  wrote:
>>> What was the issue here? What happens when you try to create a network?
>>
>> I couldn't find the tool to create the network -- it used to be in the
>> context menu on the network thing in the frame, but there was nothing
>> there this time. Since the XO-1.5 had the 1, 6, 11 icons, I'm assuming
>> that it doesn't have the "xo-name's network xxxxx" feature anymore,
>> where the colour of the xo was encoded at the end of the name and then
>> badly parsed.
>
> Yes, that has been intentionally removed as you note. The 1,6,11 icons
> are the replacement.
>
>> I'm surprised that ticket hasn't been closed as cannot reproduce then,
>> unless it really has been fixed recently on production hardware.
>
> Tickets get forgotten at times, especially those on
> bugs.sugarlabs.org, so I wouldn't read too much into that.
>
>> Really?? We've never had any significant luck with collaboration. It
>> nearly always fails right at the beginning or with some kind of
>> incoherence or complete disconnection after a while. We'll re-test if
>> you guys have improved things. Do the improvements fix "everything" or
>> are there specific areas or scenarios that you believe now work?
>
> Collaboration has seen a lot of attention for this development cycle,
> testing would definitely be appreciated.
>
> However, it is a large and fragile area, so some care and direction
> should be taken in testing. Start with automatic power management
> disabled, and just focus on one scenario (e.g. school server on
> infrastructure network). If you find something reproducibly broken,
> try and focus on that rather than overloading us with loads of problem
> reports which may or may not have the same root cause. If things are
> working, move onto another scenario, or restest the same scenario with
> automatic power management.

And please take these into account, the currently known issues:

http://dev.laptop.org/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=next_action&max=1000&order=priority&report=43&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=priority&col=component&milestone=11.2.0-M2&milestone=11.2.0-M3&milestone=11.2.0-M4&milestone=11.2.0-final&keywords=~collaboration

Thanks,
    Simon