[Testing] [OLPC-AU] [OLPC New Zealand] Testing Summary Auckland 14/5 and 28/5

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Jun 2 22:38:37 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 10:21:14PM +1000, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> I might be mistaken, but I don't think XO-1s and XO-1.5s can connect
> to each other unless there is an access point.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/10.1.3#Under_the_tree_is_not_automatic_when_mixing_laptop_models

"In the absence of a wireless access point, a group of mixed XO-1 and
XO-1.5 laptops will not automatically begin to collaborate over
wireless. A workaround is to join an ad-hoc network on an XO-1.5 unit,
and then join it from the other laptops."

This will be fixed in 11.2.0.  Please give it a try.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/