[Testing] 11.2.0 release candidate 4 (build 873) released

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sat Jul 16 17:11:13 EDT 2011

On 16 July 2011 08:47, S Page <skierpage at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm worried that despite its report of success the olpc-update may
> have left my filesystem in an inconsistent state because of the
> timeouts and network failures, which will invalidate all my testing. I
> downloaded os873.{toc,usb} and tried `sudo olpc-update --force --usb`
> but it concludes the new version's hash matches the current hash and
> so exits early with "Already up-to-date".  Is there a way to force an
> update or to verify that the current version matches?

Such a test is kind-of redundant, because olpc-update effectively
replaces your old filesystem with the new one, and it performs an
extensive check of every file in the new fs before it makes this
replacement (and aborts if there is a mismatch).

If you want to really be sure of this here is how you can run the
check again, use this script:
http://dev.laptop.org/attachment/ticket/11060/fscheck.sh

Note that it is strict - if you have changed any config files,
installed any RPMs, etc, since you updated to the new version, the
check will intentionally fail.

Thanks for testing.
Daniel