[Testing] [IAEP] I would like feedback on the ''How_to_use_the_IRC_Application'' wiki page

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 17:36:00 EST 2011

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 3:10 PM, <forster at ozonline.com.au> wrote:

> > I find the Screenshot accessory in the 'Accessories' list in Fedora
> Desktop.
>
> Thanks
>
> It would be good to be able to capture a screenshot with cursor on XO
> hardware running a normal XO software build. As well as helping me with
> documentation, this might be useful for teachers in XO deployments.
>
> The XO Fedora distribution does not have screenshot in the Accessories
> list.
>
> Maybe you can help me be finding out the Linux command for this utility
> (ie. right click, add launcher to desktop, right click, properties)
>
> Does this utility require a Printscreen key on the keyboard? If so, is
> this configurable?
>
> Tony

The software is gnome-screenshot.  The command line invoked is
gnome-screenshot --interactive and gnome-screenshot --help-all shows
several options:

# gnome-screenshot --help-all
Usage:
  gnome-screenshot [OPTION...] Take a picture of the screen

Help Options:
  -h, --help                     Show help options
  --help-all                     Show all help options
  --help-gtk                     Show GTK+ Options

GTK+ Options
  --class=CLASS                  Program class as used by the window manager
  --name=NAME                    Program name as used by the window manager
  --gtk-module=MODULES           Load additional GTK+ modules
  --g-fatal-warnings             Make all warnings fatal

Application Options:
  -c, --clipboard                Send the grab directly to the clipboard
  -w, --window                   Grab a window instead of the entire screen
  -a, --area                     Grab an area of the screen instead of the
entire screen
  -b, --include-border           Include the window border with the
screenshot
  -B, --remove-border            Remove the window border from the
screenshot
  -d, --delay=seconds            Take screenshot after specified delay [in
seconds]
  -e, --border-effect=effect     Effect to add to the border (shadow,
border or none)
  -i, --interactive              Interactively set options
  --display=DISPLAY              X display to use

   --Fred