[Testing] OLPC-Measure Activity-Problem with functionality of My Neighborhood

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Sep 16 07:03:27 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 03:42:57PM +0530, Kalpana v wrote:
> I am using the OLPC  XO 1.0 build OS852 laptop. When I Click on the
> share with option to get My Neighborhood, the share with option gets
> invisible.

I've tested just now.  I agree.  The option vanishes from the screen.

> I found out that it occurs randomly. In order to get the share with
> option again visible, I have to restart the laptop.

I find I must either start Measure from the list view, or right-click
and start new, instead of start old instance.  Start old instance from
journal is the default action ... and this loads the saved state of the
activity along with the invisible share with option.

Restart of the laptop did not bring back the share with option.

> though I stop the activity and open it again without restarting, the
> share with option gets unavailable.

I think this issue is worthy of being logged as a bug at
bugs.sugarlabs.org if it is not already.  A screenshot (Alt/1) might
help.  If you log a bug, tell me the number so I can mark it as
reproduced.

Please check these bugs to see if they relate:

http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2123 (Measure needlessly offers
sharing) ... known problem.

http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2252 ("My Neighborhood" sharing
functionality is not working between XO1.0 and XO1.5 type laptops) ...
waiting for more information from testing team.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/