[Testing] When the new OS is installed on the OLPC, It does not boot with default English language.
lahi.lk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 07:17:11 EDT 2010
When the new OS is installed on the OLPC, It does not boot with default
English language. It boots with Spanish language. Then it has to be changed
to English language by using “My settings”.
*Steps to Recreate:*
1. Using local PC download latest installation file from "
http://build.laptop.org/10.2.0/" and http://dev.laptop.org/pub/firmware/
2. Format the USB using FAT32 and put file in to the USB
3. Plug the USB and Power on the OLPC
4. When hear the music press Esc button. when it is comes to the "OK
prompt" type "disable-security" and press Enter button
5. When it is comes to the "OK prompt" type "flash u:\Q3A50.ROM"
6. Reboot the OLPC
7. Type "fs-update u:\OS851.ZD" on OK prompt.
8. After installation type on the "OK Prompt" "reboot"
9. Check the language after reboot the OLPC.
After performed the above tasks, the OLPC boots in Spanish language.
The default language should be English.
Machine Type: XO 1.5
Build: OS 851
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Testing