[Testing] Fabiana Kubke: testing summary auckland October 23

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Oct 27 04:12:41 EDT 2010

On 10/23/2010 09:21 PM, Holt wrote:
> Subject:
> testing summary auckland October 23
> From:
> Fabiana Kubke <mf.kubke at gmail.com>
> Date:
> Sat, 23 Oct 2010 23:52:40 +1300
>
> To:
> olpc-nz at lists.laptop.org, testing at lists.laptop.org
>

> Present: Leslie, Nevyn, Robin, Fabiana, Tabitha via email chat :)

When doing testing with the 0.90 builds on the XO you can file bugs that
are in Sugar at bugs.sugarlabs.org and add the olpc-0.90 keyword:

Here is a list of the currently opened bugs:

http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&keywords=~olpc-0.90

http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2417

> Problem with unmounting USB
> XO 1.0 / Fedora 14 / Sugar 0.9 /Build 18 customised / Firmware Q2E45
> XO 1.5 /Fedora 14 / Sugar 0.9 / Build 5 customized / Firmware Q3A58
> Problem after using a usb causes problems such as frame key not working,
> alt-tab didn't work, function keys to shift to different views also do
> not work. Things listed on the journal could still be accessed and
> activities could be started and the frame can be called with the mouse.
> Restart of computer restored frame key function and function keys for
> neighborhood/journal etc. but alt-tab still does not work.It is not
> clear whether the usb was properly unmounted or not, mount command says
> it is not mounted but usb still has light on (which on my ubuntu means
> the usb is still mounted). It seems to be an issue with the keyboard
> talking to the system, everything seems to otherwise be working ok.

Sounds a bit like: http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2415 If you have
ways to reproduce this issue would be great.

> Turtle machine 7
> XO 1.0 / Fedora 14 / Sugar 0.9 /Build 18 customised / Firmware Q2E45
> Turtle machine 7: There is query about why a square with the little
> turtle and the finished shape on the left moves down in some instances
> upon successful completion of the shape (and get the happy wizard) but
> not in other instances. It moved through the first ~five levels and then
> stopped, and going back to lower levels did not restore it and still
> didn't move. Closing and restarting did not bring the moving turtle
> back. Closing and starting as new also didn't restore it, nor did
> restarting the computer.
> XO 1.5 /Fedora 14 / Sugar 0.9 / Build 5 customized / Firmware Q3A58
> Turtle machine 7 Didn't see any problems, but didn't go into too much depth
>
> Record 86
> XO 1.0 / Fedora 14 / Sugar 0.9 /Build 18 customised / Firmware Q2E45
> XO 1.5 /Fedora 14 / Sugar 0.9 / Build 5 customized / Firmware Q3A58
> Record 86 (tried to reproduce what was described here:
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2010-October/028210.html). Couldn't
> reproduce.But found some errors nonetheless: When recording a video,
> while recording works fine, after recording clicked the 'i' button
> (information/metadata?) and a big black window opens that cannon be
> closed. But loading an existing video, opens the black box, opening with
> 'start new' doesn't bring up the black box. Also, upon quitting the
> activity it is not asking to save, unless it was started as 'new'. It
> might be useful to be able to open 'new' from within the activity, not
> have to stop and star again to work on a new project.

Record might have several issues, that is one of those that a developer
would need to look at imho. The request from Eric was a test on a 852
(F11) build. So, I would not compare that with the F14 build.

Thanks for testing,
    Simon