[Testing] [support-gang] Fw: New XO-1.5 10.2.0 build 116

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Mar 28 23:33:31 EDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 03:36:42PM +0530, Chamindra de Silva wrote:
> Now that the testing team in Sri Lanka knows how to update the XO 1.5,
> I think they are ready to write test cases and cover a full range of
> tests on a build.

Good progress, thanks.

> However to get coverage and preform regression / functional testing
> takes time and if we have to frequently update the build we need to
> ideally start again from scratch on all tests.

I've spoken with our release engineer Chris Ball and we've decided that
os116 on XO-1.5 should be used by your team for coverage, regression and
functional testing.

> I would thus like to recommend that we test close to beta / relatively
> stable releases  before they get published for download for all OLPC
> users and developer editions.

We can't really afford the delay that would occur if we waited for you
to test releases before they were published for download, but thanks for
the offer.

> The last build shared for the XO 1.0 has pretty much locked USB and
> our ability to test that machine as we were using the USB to Ethernet
> adapter to download the keys, get yum updates, etc (unfortunately the
> team does not have WIFI access at the location right now).

This problem should be worked in collaboration between your testers and
our developers.  It requires attention to detail, and would benefit from
more rapid response.

I agree with a post from one of our other testers; that "locked" is
consistent with failure to disable-security after installing a developer
key, but it is also possible that there are other root causes.  I don't
think I have enough information on the symptom yet.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/