[Testing] USBs are not working with OS802B5.IMG

Dhanushka Nuwan dhanushkaprjct at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 00:18:12 EDT 2010

Hi..

Please find the steps which I have followed,
1.    Successfully Installed the latest version OS802B5.IMG and OS802B5.CRC
using    developer key and USB

  a.    Request and got the developer key
  b.    Downloaded the latest build in to a USB
  c.    When the machine is power off plugged the USB in to the machine
  d.    Pressed the power button and then pressed the ESC button to get the
OK prompt.
  e.    I gave the necessary commands to install the build

  2.    Removed the USB and restarted the machine
  3.    Tried to update the activities using USB dongle

  What I noticed was, machine didn’t recognize the USB dongles and at the
same time wireless and hard disk drive indicators were not working.

Can it be because of the installation of the latest version? Or it can be
any other reason?

Note: Before the installation machine functioned properly.

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:

> Dhanushka Nuwan wrote:
> > We have installed OS802B5.IMG for XO-1.then we tyred to update the
> > activities but we couldn't because USBs are not recognizing. could you
> > please explain what is the reason for this?
>
> Please communicate the complete sequence of steps you followed -- and
> all error messages / problems -- thanks!
>
> (Are these the same USB memory sticks working fine to install os115.zd
> and F11-for-XO-1?)

Thank you and Regards
-Dhanushka-