[Testing] Sri Lanka test team review meeting minutes, 2010-03-23

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Mar 23 01:02:54 EDT 2010

Present: Karthika, Tim McNamara, James Cameron, Adam Holt, and several
others we didn't catch every name because many were not in IRC.

- team has USB to Ethernet adapters now for testing at the site that
  has no wireless access,

- developer keys were requested, the 24 hour delay queue at OLPC was
  flushed, and so these keys should be available now,

- the XO-1.5 laptops should not require developer keys, the use of
  /security to check for a key is not reliable,

- replacement method for determining if a developer key is required
  http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/testing/2010-March/001187.html
  also demonstrates how to disable-security.

- http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/testing/2010-March/001189.html
  continuously restarting units #184 and #36, and the units that show
  live video on screen, are likely to be running the manufacturing
  tests, meaning that OLPC neglected to sanitise the laptops before
  shipping them out ... at the "ok" prompt you can check the TS tag by
  reading .mfg-data output, you can fix this with "delete-tag TS" then
  "add-tag TS SHIP".

- a unit was failing audio test in OpenFirmware, but was on an old
  firmware version, so we ask that it be installed with os115 which
  will reflash firmware to Q3A35,

- brief discussion between Adam and Tim regarding Google Summer of
  Code,

- brief discussion about previous Sugar bug squad operations.

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/BugSquad/Triage_Guide
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/BugSquad/Triage_Guide/Stock_Responses
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/BugSquad

--