[Testing] OLPC XO-1.0 Installation

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Mar 22 04:38:37 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 12:53:35PM +0530, Chamindra de Silva wrote:
> It looks like all the XO-1 need developer keys activated. I checked
> the / security directory and did not find a develop.sig. The XO-1.5s
> also do not have a key in this location. I assume this is where the
> devkey is stored for the 1.5s as well.

Checking /security is not perfectly reliable.  There is another check
that is potentially more reliable.  At the firmware "ok" prompt, type

	disable-security

On the XO-1.5 units you should get a reply "No wp tag", which means
security is disabled and you do not need a developer key.

> The team will be making requests for developer keys today on all the
> machines and hopefully we will have them tomorrow.

Thanks.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/