[Testing] OLPC XO-1.0 Installation

Chamindra de Silva chamindra at opensource.lk
Mon Mar 22 03:23:35 EDT 2010

It looks like all the XO-1 need developer keys activated. I checked the
/security directory and did not find a develop.sig. The XO-1.5s also do not
have a key in this location. I assume this is where the devkey is stored for
the 1.5s as well.

The team will be making requests for developer keys today on all the
machines and hopefully we will have them tomorrow.

Chamindra

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 3:06 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 11:47:19PM +0530, Sandun wrote:
> > Everytime I try to install  gg-802-1.img  into my XO-1.0 via USB, I
> > get the boot process failed.
>
> Check that you have a fully downloaded file.
>
> Check that the copy-nand step generates no error.
>
> Check that the same build on a USB stick works on another laptop of the
> same model.
>
> > I am in the need of some clarification regarding the
> > following factors.
> >
> > 01.  OLPCOFW not found,
>
> OLPCOFW is the first of several wireless network names that are used by
> the firmware when there is no operating system available on the internal
> NAND or USB stick.  The other network names are school-mesh-0, -1, and
> -2.
>
> > 02.  OLPC C2, 256 MiB memory installed, S/N CSN748044A0
> > OpenFirmware  CL1   Q2E41 Q2E,
>
> Looks good.
>
> > 03.  Boot failed.
>
> This happens when there was (a) no valid operating system installed, and
> (b) no operating system could be obtained by wireless.
>
> Please capture the .mfg-data output on a USB stick and send it as a
> unusual tags.
>
> To capture this output, obtain the firmware "ok" prompt by pressing the
> ESC (X) key during boot, insert a USB stick, and then type:
>
>        to-file u:ofw.log .mfg-data
>
> --
> James Cameron
> http://quozl.linux.org.au/