[Testing] Actions: OLPC QA Call with Sri Lanka's Professional Volunteers

Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed Mar 17 20:34:46 EDT 2010

Updates & fixed "Test Cases" wiki links below!

> /Testers: read Tuesday's 00:01am EDT call summarized Inline Below --
> grand summary including new build announcements!/
>
> High-Level Status: our Sri Lankan testing team is now getting started
> after solid basic training this past week, familiarizing themselves
> with wikis, bug trackers, the difference between XO-1 and XO-1.5 and
> their builds etc -- and now reading
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Human_Interface_Guidelines .  The great
> news is they will also be testing the 6 XO-1's and 6 XO-1.5's with
> their own children at home, with 13 USB-to-Ethernet adapters now in
> Virtusa's hands.  Their Assignment: James and Holt of OLPC request
> much more live questioning (don't be shy!!) this coming week, as
> reflashing and testing begin in earnest, asking in both these places here:
>
>     testing at lists.laptop.org
>     [ http://forum.laptop.org/chat ]   (#olpc-help, and possibly later
> at #olpc-test)
>

>>>  3 great explanatory links inlined below-- thanks to James Cameron.

> Please test 802B4 announced here:
> http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/testing/2010-March/001134.html

NEW 802B5:
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/testing/2010-March/001140.html

> Apply for Developer Keys for all XO-1's ASAP to prepare:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activation_and_developer_keys
> Study these very brief Activity descriptions to help your Activity
> testing:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/G1G1/

>> Subject: 	Re: Professional Testing of F11-XO-1
>> Date: 	Tue, 9 Mar 2010 08:00:32 -0500
>> From: 	Steven M. Parrish <smparrish at gmail.com>
>>
>> Good news we got the final issues resolved.  You can find a new build for the
>> XO-1 here.  http://people.sugarlabs.org/~smparrish/
>>
>> You need to place the os12.crc and os12.img files on a USB stick.  You will
>> need unlocked XO's to use these builds.  Go into OFW and at the OK prompt
>> issue the following command.  copy-nand u:\os12.img   when the copy is
>> completed just reboot and you will be running the new image.
>>
>> Any questions just ask.  I am usually hanging out in #sugar
>>
>> Steven
>
> Keep testing os12 exactly as Steven says!

> Please test Build 113 announced here:
> http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2010-March/027788.html

NEW Build 114:
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2010-March/027806.html

> XO-1.5's should not require Developer Keys as XO-1's above.
> Study these very brief Activity descriptions to help your Activity
> testing:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/G1G1/10.2

>>> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Communication_channels

>>> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Smoke_test

Both above links now fixed -- James Cameron can now help provide a
sample test case for 10.2.0 below: