[Testing] Testing summary - Auckland New Zealand, 17 July 2010

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Fri Jul 16 22:26:20 EDT 2010

Testing summary - Auckland New Zealand, 17 July 2010

Who: Tabitha, Tom, Fabiana, Leslie, Calvin, Nevyn, Ryan (we love Windsor
thanks Ryan for joining us to play today)

Testing build 301 on XO-1.0

Pippy - good

Speak - sound stopped on one XO, tested sound in TamTam and didnt work,
tested in Pippy and it worked, restarted Speak and it works again. Weird.
- When asked the question "what is the meaning of life?" the robot responds
"colon god symantic question life is the opposite of death". The first words
are very difficult to understand.
- Says "I cannot speak default, lets speak english" on startup, created
sugarlabs ticket but it's being moderated

Maze - good except for rotate means Maze does not fit on the screen, wish it
resized or made new mazes to fit new dimensions

Calculate - good though my math is not

TamTamJam - didn't work after trying Speak, but retested and worked,
actually better than previous versions - last time I tested this the pieces
could not move on the canvas, but that is now fixed, yay! :-)

Implode - good

Memorize - good (4 players), sometimes we had delays but then it caught up
and the XO showed all the moves real fast, but it didnt crash.

Write - had 4 players, One XO didnt see any writing at all ever. The Write
activity crashed on two XOs, rejoined from neighbourhood but only see the
text we had already written, another XO is still writing but we cannot see
that on the other 2 XOs. Waited ten minutes, still nothing appeared. Tried a
fresh Write again and still having problems with not getting all of each
others work. We were using a local wifi connection to the world and were on
our jabber server laptop.org.nz so removed jabber server, restarted machines
and joined mesh 6. We don't see everyone in the frame even though we see
their writing, one XO still gets nothing from other XOs. One XO could not
join at all. Crashed on the XO that started the Write activity.

TamTamMini -good

Moon - good

Paint - good

Help - good

chat - get strange behaviour - dont see in neighbourhood, but on invite we
get half seeing invite and other half not - we on mesh 6. those that join
dont seem to appear correctly. "Tux" writing showed "???" for name, and in
frame showed wrong colours. Other two XOs who did manage to join from
invitation appear as normal.

This build seems to have a graphics glitch when coming out of "power saving"
mode. If you leave the laptop alone for a while, wake up requires pressing
touchpad button, and it takes some seconds to respond and everything jumps
on the screen briefly. Once it is "awake", everything behaves normally.

one XO does not connect to mesh 6 - it pulses then swaps to trying to
connect to mesh 1.

other tests:

Watch me 2 - failed, see sugarlabs ticket 1778 (this is not part of the
build but we added it as per test request)

One tester tried using the hand crank to keep one laptop battery charged,
failed miserably and need to join a gym. (Had fun though).

Thanks testers
Tabitha