[Testing] FYI Virtusa: Sugarbot - Automated Testing Tool for Sugar

Tim McNamara mcnamara.tim at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 17:53:07 EDT 2010

Hello all at Virtusa,

I am unsure whether you have been made aware of an automated tool that can
be used effectively to automate regression testing for Sugar, Sugarbot[1].
With this tool, test analysts can automate actions within Activities by
using Python scripts. A short video with lots of information is
available.[2]

Creating scripts that can be run periodically may be significantly more
durable than manually repeating tests. I welcome your feedback on whether
you feel an automated tool would complement Virtusa's current plans. In
order to utilise this tool effectively, test analysts will probably need a
Linux development environment & familiarity with the Python programming
language. Please accept my apologies if this may contravene your company's
policies.

You may notice that Sugar looks significantly different on that video to
what you are used to. Unfortunately, the project may need some maintainence.
It was developed in 2008, and has had very few changes made to it since its
creation.

Please feel free to ask any questions,

Tim McNamara

[1] http://code.google.com/p/sugarbot/wiki/WhatIsSugarbot
[2] http://sugarbot.googlecode.com/files/ScreenCast2.mp4 (sha1 checksum
638fbe072861dfe9a0b2176355543ea3bae1f52b)