[Testing] Wellington Testing Summary - Saturday 13 February

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Feb 16 00:17:40 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 09:35:19AM +1300, Alastair Munro wrote:
> Tested and managed to replicate an interesting bug on the XO-1 with
> build os802b1 (os802b1.img) that caused all the activities on the XO
> to disappear and stopped the journal from being accessed. With an XO-1
> running this build, if you load activities by holding the 'X' on the
> game keys at start up method. Once all the activities have been loaded
> of the USB drive, on the next boot and all subsequent boots there are
> no activities shown in the ring or list views even though
> investigation through the terminal shows they are all there, also the
> Journal icon is labeled "Activity" and it isn't possible to access the
> Journal.

I've tried to reproduce this on os802b1 and failed.

I created a customisation key (per
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Customization_key ) and placed the
HelloWorld-1.xo activity in the bundles directory.  I booted the XO-1
and immediately pressed the 'X' (lowest) game key.  The bundle was
installed and then the laptop powered off.  When it was booted the
activities were present, the new activity was in the list view, and it
was usable.

Perhaps the known problem was triggered; that if you have a later
version on the USB stick of an activity that is already installed on the
XO, then the older version and newer version files for an activity will
be overlaid, and Sugar may fail to enumerate the activities.

This is more likely with os802b1 since it contains quite a few
activities already.

Could you please give me a listing of the contents of the customisation
key?

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/