[Testing] Extreme power management

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Fri Aug 27 08:29:16 EDT 2010

asiri wrote:
 > Hi All,
 >
 > Why in this current version (Build 852 , Firmware Q2e44 & FirmwareQ3a50)
 > ,doesn't have the  Extreme power management function on My settings>Power
 > location (same place that the Automatic power management is ).
 > Looking forward to hear from you.

in earlier releases the "Extreme power management" checkbox had the
effect of turning off the wireless radio power, and the "Radio"
checkbox in the Network control panel had the effect of asking the
NetworkManager process to enable/disable networking (but this didn't
affect radio power).

in current releases, both functions are accomplished by the "Radio"
checkbox in the Network panel, so there's no need for the "Extreme
power management" checkbox.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org