[Testing] Automatic power management

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Thu Aug 26 13:33:49 EDT 2010

asiri wrote:
 > Hi James,
 >
 > Regarding your reply.
 >
 > I’ve tested, playing audio file (we first enable the automatic power saver
 > )using Jukebox ,Browser and Record on OLPC XO 1.0(Build 851, Firmware Q2e44
 > ) and as well on XO 1.5(Build 851,Firmware Q3a50 ).
 >

 > XO 1.5 response positively with different time durations in some
 > applications. It means Record & Browser stopped the playing audio file with
 > different time gapes in Browser and Record applications (we tested video
 > file as well but different time durations according to audio files). But
 > Jukebox didn’t response that way in XO 1.5.
 >
 > Talking about XO 1.0, audio file didn’t stop on above applications (audio
 > file didn’t stop on Jukebox ,Browser and Record).
 >
 > So James, you also told that there’s a side effect of two unrelated
 > changes in a complex system, while we talk about didn’t stop when
 > playing "Blu may" on browser. Gathering all these things, can I raise
 > a defect as in sugar-labs; already playing audio file didn’t stop even
 > enabled the automatic power management, in OLPC XO 1.0(Build 851,
 > Firmware Q2e44).

i can't tell from what you've written whether you think it's a bug
that the music stops, or that it keeps playing.  we consider it a
feature that the laptop does not suspend while audio or video is
playing.

so, please file a trac ticket, and list the laptop model, s/w version,
and application being used where the laptop _does_ suspend while audio
or video is playing.

paul