[Testing] Automatic power management

Asiri Gunarathna kaag87 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 06:50:54 EDT 2010

Hi James,

Regarding your reply.

I’ve tested, playing audio file (we first enable the automatic power saver
)using Jukebox ,Browser and Record on OLPC XO 1.0(Build 851, Firmware Q2e44
) and as well on XO 1.5(Build 851,Firmware Q3a50 ).

XO 1.5 response positively with different time durations in some
applications. It means Record & Browser stopped the playing audio file with
different time gapes in Browser and Record applications (we tested video
file as well but different time durations according to audio files). But
Jukebox didn’t response that way in XO 1.5.

Talking about XO 1.0, audio file didn’t stop on above applications (audio
file didn’t stop on Jukebox ,Browser and Record).

So James, you also told that there’s a side effect of two unrelated
changes in a complex system, while we talk about didn’t stop when
playing "Blu may" on browser. Gathering all these things, can I raise
a defect as in sugar-labs; already playing audio file didn’t stop even
enabled the automatic power management, in OLPC XO 1.0(Build 851,
Firmware Q2e44).

Thanks,
Regards,
Asiri & Thusitha