[Testing] Automatic power management

Asiri Gunarathna kaag87 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 03:10:37 EDT 2010

Hi James,

First of all thanks for your replies. Our testing area is Hardware
Testing - Audio, Screen and Charging. All questions regarding from
under Charging & Discharging
<http://wiki.laptop.org/images/2/24/Charging_%26_Discharging_TestCase.pdf>.
Test cases can be found on following link
http://wiki.laptop.org/images/2/24/Charging_%26_Discharging_TestCase.pdf

The test case ID was CHR_P1.1. But we are using an updated test case
for that. It was testing from browser activity.(I’ve already told
those steps ).So as I told, OLPC XO 1.0(Build 851, Firmware Q2e44 ) &
XO 1.5(Build 851,Firmware Q3a50 ) doesn’t stop the "Blu may" track on
browser within 50-60 seconds when enable  the automatic power saver as
well.

But talking about other laptops (not OLPC).when playing an audio or
video track using media player or browser, it won’t stop either power
saver mode enable or disable.

So my question is that OLPC has new enhancement of playing the track
to the end, like other laptops. when automatic power saver mode
enabled & playing the media file using browser.

Thanks,
Regards,
Asiri & Thusitha