[Testing] Security certificate not yet valid error in XO-1.0

Holt holt at laptop.org
Fri Aug 20 10:07:48 EDT 2010

ROBIN™ wrote:

> Hello Adam and all,
>

> I am a new tester in OLPC. I was trying to install os851 for XO-1.0
> laptop and encountered a hurdle as below. Please help resolve.
>

> I got the developer key and when I tried to execute the following step
> an error is thrown.
>
> * *
>
> *_STEP 7 C_*
>
> (7.        a. Press & hold down "Cntrl+ALt+3rd key from the left
> corner of the laptop
>
>             b. It will switch to command prompt
>
>             c. If you get bash command, then type in the dev key line
> exactly as is, including caps, spaces, etc & press enter
>
> )
>
> Below is the error I got.
>
> * *
>
> ****************************************************************************************
>
> *ERROR: cannot verify activation.laptop.org
> <http://activation.laptop.org/>’s certificate , issued by
> ‘/CN=OneLaptop…………………………………’:*
>
> * Issue certificate not yet valid.*
>
> * *
>
> *To connect to activation.laptop.org
> <http://activation.laptop.org/> insecurely, use ‘—no-check-certificate’/*

1. Can you press forward with the above suggestion?
(*—no-check-certificate)

*2. Can you tell me where you are getting the above instructions?  I am
not familiar with "STEP 7 C" and want to know who is writing this, in
what context, thanks!

3. Our recommended instructions are here:
    Try
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activation_and_developer_keys#What_to_do_when_you_receive_your_activation_or_developer_keys

Thanks Robin!