[Testing] Security certificate not yet valid error in XO-1.0

ROBIN™ robinson.doe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 08:20:10 EDT 2010

Hello Adam and all,

I am a new tester in OLPC. I was trying to install os851 for XO-1.0 laptop
and encountered a hurdle as below. Please help resolve.

I got the developer key and when I tried to execute the following step an
error is thrown.

* *

*STEP 7 C*

(7.        a. Press & hold down "Cntrl+ALt+3rd key from the left corner of
the laptop

            b. It will switch to command prompt

            c. If you get bash command, then type in the dev key line
exactly as is, including caps, spaces, etc & press enter

)

Below is the error I got.

* *

*
*

*ERROR: cannot verify activation.laptop.org’s certificate , issued by
‘/CN=OneLaptop…………………………………’:*

* Issue certificate not yet valid.*

* *

*To connect to activation.laptop.org insecurely, use
‘—no-check-certificate’/*

*Unable to establish SSL connection.*

Thanks,

Robinson