[Testing] OLPC Update - 08192010

Holt holt at laptop.org
Thu Aug 19 11:15:24 EDT 2010

Swapna Priya Gambhiraopet wrote:

> Hello Adam,
>

> Primarily, sincere apologies for a delayed response! Please see the
> update as below:
>

> [INDIA] Team:
>
> 1.       We have successfully installed OS851 in XO-1.5 laptops. We
> intend to complete all set of tests on activities in _this version_
> preferably before moving on to next latest released by then. Please
> suggest if we install OS851 for XO-1.0s or maintain them at os302 version.

Thanks Swapna & all India/Sri Lanka QA staff/volunteers!
4 very important considerations going forward:

    * Please always test the most recent build (os851 for now) on XO-1.5
    and XO-1:
       http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/10.1.2
      This is very important as many issues have _already_ been solved
    in os302 etc.

    * Bugs should be logged to http://dev.laptop.org where everybody
    should register in the top-right.  Register at
    http://bugs.sugarlabs.org too.

    * Activity Collaboration should be tested ASAP with these 4 Activities:
       - Chat
       - Write and Pippy (both of these Activities have similar
    "textbook" style collaboration)
       - Record (shared images & videos you've already taken)
    Get Started like this:
        http://laptop.org/en/laptop/start/sharing.shtml
        http://laptop.org/manual/Sugar_Collaborating.html
        http://laptop.org/manual/Record_ShareMedia.html

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Tests/Activity/Record/Private_photo_sharing

    /** Write to testing at lists.laptop.org and
    http://forum.laptop.org/chat (that's LIVE IRC) if you get stuck on
    anything -- it's critical to our project that great helpers like
    yourselves not be shy, thanks!!!*/