[Testing] [support-gang] Fwd: New XO-1.5 10.2.0 build 118

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Fri Apr 9 04:33:39 EDT 2010

Hmm.   What version of firmware is currently installed on that laptop ?

We've had a lot of trouble with versions of firmware earlier than
q3a35 not properly recognizing the keyboard.   If you shipped it
back for diagnosis, I would install the latest firmware before doing
any testing!    I know this is hard to do when the keyboard is borked...

First do as Mitch suggests, and try completely removing all power
from the laptop.

You can download q3a35.rom from:
http://dev.laptop.org/pub/firmware/q3a35/

Place it on a USB stick, halt the boot in OFW (by pressing the ESC key
as soon as the screen lights up), and install it using:
flash u:\q3a35.rom

Let us know what happens!
wad