[Testing] first play with new XO 1.5 machines

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Oct 21 23:33:19 EDT 2009

2009/10/22 Tabitha Roder <tabitha at hrdnz.com>:
> No mesh:
>
> Just checking this scenario.... I am a teacher and have just been handed 5
> XOs for my students. I am told you can have a child start writing a story
> and then have the other children join in to write together.
> How does the teacher do this - in less than 100 words and not one word
> technical....

There are many answers to that. What's the network setup?
Assuming you mean there is no infrastructure at all:

The teacher will have to create an ad-hoc network (click wifi device
in frame, click Create network) and the children will then have to go
to the neighborhood view and click on that new network to connect to
it. Then sharing works as usual, provided that all the laptops are
close to each other.

Yes, it's difficult in a classroom setting with young children. All of
our current networking solutions are this way :(

Daniel