[Testing] Wireless test results

S Page info at skierpage.com
Fri Feb 27 22:07:57 EST 2009

Early in 8.2.1 testing I wrote

> * By the time I allowed Software update to run I was connected to my
> wireless access point (with WEP security).

but I've been noticing that after I return from standby (a tap of power
button to suspend, another tap back to resume) I usually *don't* get
reconnected to my starred access point.  In the frame there's no
  ( [AP circle icon] ), just a pulsing gray mesh.

Sometimes if I bring up the frame while in an activity it'll reconnect,
but usually not.  If I switch to neighborhood view (where my starred AP
appears) and switch back, then usually the mesh icon in the frame will
be replaced by my ( [AP circle icon] ).  I don't have to click my AP
icon in Neighboryhood view, the system seems to just "straighten out"
and re-connect. Once it's working, it stays working until I next go into
standby.

I never have to re-enter my 128-bit WEP password.

My AP is a very old Linksys BEFW11 S4 router.
I'm now running
   candidate-800
   Q2E33, recently upgraded from Q2E30

Should I file a Trac ticket?
The Friends in testing page asks us to test wireless, but doesn't say
anything more than that, such as what logs to enable or look at.

Cheers,
--
=S Page